If you’re suffering from chronic health conditions, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. After all, you have a handful of medications to take every day, not to mention visits to doctors, specialists and even stays in the hospital.
But you don’t have to do it alone. Torrance Hospital IPA is expanding it’s free Care Management program which is designed to help make life easier for members with chronic medical problems.
We understand how difficult it is to manage life at home when you’re struggling with chronic illness. We can help you organize your medications, assist in coordinating doctor’s visits, and even arrange for transportation.
We know your doctors, we know the community, we know the hospital and we know the resources that are available. We work with you to create a plan of care that can help you heal at home safely and comfortably.
In addition to helping you understand what’s happening with your health and your medical care, Torrance Hospital IPA Care Managers can also help you find in-home assistance, locate support groups for emotional help, and even get at-home haircuts and help with ironing.
What is Care Management?
Torrance Hospital IPA Ambulatory Care Management Department is committed to helping members; especially those with chronic medical issues, stay healthy and independent by:
- Coordinating care between multiple doctors and specialists
- Assistance with scheduling appointments, providing appointment reminders, or even accompanying you to doctor visits, if necessary.
- Locating services and programs you may be eligible for and assisting with the application process
- Monitoring of chronic diseases and assistance with making healthy lifestyle choices
- Being a central resource in the complex world of healthcare, in order to help ensure your needs are being met.
- Additional assistance, personalized to meet your individual needs
How Much Does It Cost?
Absolutely nothing. This service is provided free as a benefit of your health insurance plan.
Why Do I Need A Care Manager?
A care manager will not try to make any decisions for you. Our care managers will provide valuable information and support so that you can make your own informed decisions. Our job is to help you maintain your independence; not to take it away from you.
How Can I Get More Information?
Call our care management department at 310-257-7250 ext. 5338 to speak with a case manager, who can answer any questions you may have. If you are interested, a brief, confidential pre-screening can be completed to determine if our services would be beneficial to you. There is no obligation to accept.